Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Serrano

This was the best course in Northern California in my view. I had a First Tee Junior Senior Invitational event. The format was Shamble. This is where you have four people on a team, and you take the best drive from all four players and then you play out your ball. To make sure that the team is not too dependent on one player the rules are that each player must have at least three drives used out of eighteen. Six other drives are for who ever hit it the best. Out of the four scores the group took the two best. Alone i shot 74, but my group were only allowed to use nine of my drives, maximum if i hit the very best drive of my group every time. I ended up hitting the best drive sixteen out of the eighteen holes, but i was forced to go backwards, or farther away from the hole seven times. My team used seventeen out my eighteen scores. Today was the very best I have hit my driver and i won a closet to the pin so my irons were on as well. I hit 16 greens in regulation. The greens were very tough to putt on so i did my best and i did not have any three-putts. I did the best i could today and we ended up taking 3rd place out of 30 teams. This was a great tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment